Friday, February 13, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You - Now Do You Believe Me?

See -- there is a lot to be learned from watching and absorbing what happens in movies.

One very helpful principle that somehow didn't make it into the Keira Knightly Pride and Prejudice was this exchange:
Mrs. Gardiner: "You are too sensible a girl, Lizzy, to fall in love merely because you are warned against it; and, therefore, I am not afraid of speaking openly. Seriously, I would have you be on your guard...."

Lizzy: "All that I can promise you, therefore, is not to be in a hurry. I will not be in a hurry to believe myself his first object. When I am in company with him, I will not be wishing. In short, I will do my best."


So, consider -- if the characters in this new movie would merely heed this very basic advice -- don't be in a hurry -- think how much misery would be avoided.

Remember the Second Variable in finding true love is time. There's plenty of time. Almost certainly, you won't be single as long as I was, and I survived; it's better to wait and get it right. And while you're waiting, watch gobs of movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment